This Pass is issued to foreign nationals for temporary stay in Malaysia for a period of not less than six months. Extension may be given based on visitors’ eligibility and upon fulfilling certain conditions.

Foreign spouses to Malaysians, holding a long term social visit pass are allowed to be engaged in any form of paid employment, business or professional occupation without converting their Social Visit Pass status to Employment Pass or Visit Pass (Temporary Employment)



  1. Unmarried Children above 18 years old,
  2. Parents & parents-in-law and
  3. Common law spouse (only applicable to heterosexual relationship) of an Employment Pass holder.