This Pass is issued to expatriates to enter the country to work for less than 24 months. It allows the holder to engage in temporary business or contracted activity in Malaysia for the company. Therefore, if your company wants to bring in a worker or independent contractor, you must first obtain this Pass.


  1. Hiring company must be registered with the ESD, and
  2. The expatriate applicant must fulfil one of the following categories:
    • Category I: Expertise Transfer
    • Category II: Research
    • Category III: Internship (must be relevant to the applicant’s education background)


  3. Maximum contract is for 12 months, and is restricted to one contract/project at a time