Dependent Pass is a privilege given to families of expatriate personnel. It is issued to the spouse and children of Employment Pass holders. It can be applied together with the application or after the EP has been granted.

  1. It allows the holder to stay in West Malaysia.
  2. The holder is not allowed to work and requires conversion of his Dependent Pass to Employment Pass.
  3. For social and welfare purposes, the holder may request from the Immigration Department for special permission to undertake activities.


Who is eligible to apply?

  1. Legal spouse of Employment Pass holder and
  2. Children below 18 years old of the holder.